Oranges, the “Fountain of Youth” and great water recreational activities make Florida a key destination for the most famous celebrities, business men and world leaders. West Palm Beach is the place where many want to enjoy their golden years.
There are non-stop recreational activities year-round in the West Palm Beach area. You can view some of the largest luxury yachts on the marina. Relax in Burt Reynolds Park and discuss your favorite movies. Scuba dive with sea turtles. And ask about the JFK nuclear-proof bunker on the man-made island.
Everyone Wants to Live in West Palm Beach
Certain names are synonymous with luxury living. First, there was a Palm Beach, then the wealthiest of that crowd created their own special enclave in West Palm Beach. Needless to say you will find many locations, claiming the West Palm Beach moniker for themselves.West Palm Beach is the center of the Old Aristocrats and Nouveau Riche with Jupiter Beach to the North and Delray Beach to the South. There are basically two series of zip codes for West Palm Beach – 33401 to 33422 and 33470 to 33489 or so. Your zip code will most likely identify your income bracket.
According to the Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI), these were the top West Palm Beach zip codes for 2013:
1. 33480 had Average Home Value of $391,921 with Average Disposable Income of $115,309
2. 33473 had Average Home Value of $421,483 with Average Disposable Income of $113,871
3. 33412 had Average Home Value of $319,787 with Average Disposable Income of $88,527
4. 33418 had Average Home Value of $310,577 with Average Disposable Income of $87,620
5. 33477 had Average Home Value of $335,158 with Average Disposable Income of $82,825
Just a highlight on one of these great communities: Wellington Village. Known for equestrian activities, strawberries and homes with private hangars. This is where the elite live in West Palm Beach. It is adjacent to the Palm Beam Polo and Country Club with 57 miles of equestrian paths along with inline skating, walking, running and biking trails. Your family can visit the Museum of Polo here.