While most of the US population is staying indoors to keep warm in the winter months, South Florida residents can take full advantage of the ideal climate these months offer.
1. The Gasparilla Pirate Festival is a fun event held in Tampa. On January 31st, the city is practically invaded by colorfully dressed pirates that put on shows and share tasty food and drink.
2. The South Florida Fair begins on January 16th and ends on February 1st. This event offers fun rides and games, good food and various stalls that sell unique crafts. The fair, that has been held for over 100 years, is especially known for its sugary cotton candy and crispy corn dogs.
3. FOTOfusion is an art exhibition held in Palm Beach, that lets photographers present their work. The gallery focuses mainly on digital and multimedia presentations and runs from January 20-24.
4. The Delray Beach Open is a great event for tennis enthusiasts. From February 13-22, Team USA will be playing here in competitive singles and doubles events. The city is also offering many more events during this time to entertain guests of all age groups.
5. The World Series of Poker, held from February 4-16, will be a fun yet nerve-wracking experience for players and viewers alike. Hundreds of players from all over America will come together in hopes of moving forward to the National Championships.
6. The Palm Beach Jewelry, Art and Antique Show will allow International exhibitors to show their work. The result is usually a beautiful array of jewelry, fine works of art, and antiques. Guests can shop there from February 13-17.
7. During the whole month of February, Miami is celebrating romance with Miami Romance Month. During this time, Miami will host various romantic events such as a Valentine's Day Romantic Canoe Trip and a Culinary Walking Tour of South Beach.
8. The Edison Festival of Light in Fort Myers is a 19 day event, from February 5-13, that celebrates Thomas Edison. Highlights include the Thomas Edison Birthday Party and a Classic Car Show.
9. The Florida Renaissance Festival spans from February 7th to March 15th. This festival enables guests to travel back in time to the 16th Century by exploring an old village.
10. The Miami International Boat Show that is held from February 19-22, lets guests take a peek at the newest cutting edge technology that is being built on boats. The show features more than 3,000 boats and 2,000 exhibitors from all across the globe.
Subscribe to Direct Air Conditioning, Inc.'s Blog