Making the choice between different brands when considering air conditioning installation can be a confusing experience. It seems like there are so many options out there and it can be hard to understand the various acronyms and catchy names for technology. At Direct A/C, we've done the research for you when it comes to comparing at least two brands: Lennox and Bryant.
As an experienced Miami, FL air conditioning maintenance and installation company, we can help you with finding exactly the right size and type of unit for your home. However, you'll still need to make the final decision on brand and model. We've put together a comparison showing the best features of both brands for your review.
Lennox AC Units
The Lennox brand is considered a high-end option with cutting edge technology behind it. When you want the best and newest gadgets for your air conditioner, you'll probably find it in a Lennox AC unit. This brand generally offers the standard features of quiet operation, multi-function thermostats, and a few variable stage and two-stage air conditioners. It primarily sets itself apart with what advances have been made in operation and efficiency:
- Super-Efficient: The Lennox brand has done a lot of research and development into crafting energy efficient technology. Their AC units can boast high SEER ratings of up to 26. This is compared to most standard air conditioners that run 14 or 15 SEER units minimum.
- Solar Power Available: Lennox is also leading the way in ecofriendly options with their SunSource® Home Energy System that uses solar panels to power the AC units and parts of your home too.
- Saltwater Resistant: Some models from Lennox feature their Quantum Coil system that uses only aluminum for the coils and the condensing unit. Aluminum is more resistant to corrosion that may occur near the ocean.
Bryant AC Units
Bryan air conditioners are quite popular with businesses primarily because they are affordable, reliable, and their parts are readily available. It is much easier to complete an AC repair with aftermarket parts or to order new parts from the manufacturer at a good price. When you take a close look, you'll find that this brand offers many other excellent features:
- Same Look, Better Buy: Bryant is owned by the same company that owns the Carrier brand, so many of their AC models are the same. However, Carrier air conditioning units can be as much as 10% more than a Bryant.
- Quiet Operation: This brand has always put the focus on quiet operation with variable speed and two-stage fans that make less noise when operating at lower rates. The multistage fans also allow you to create a more comfortable environment without it being too hot or cold.
- Easy Control: Most, if not all, Bryant models also come with Wi-Fi enabled thermostats so that you can adjust the temperature from just about anywhere.
- Standard Warranty: It seems that Bryant offers a slightly better 10-year warranty on parts for all their units, while the Lennox warranties vary between model lines from five to 10 years.
When you are having trouble with that old, worn out air conditioner, consider reaching out to Direct A/C about an AC maintenance inspection. Our technicians will take a look at the unit and determine whether replacement is a suitable option. If so, we can help you with sourcing a reliable Lennox or Bryant air conditioner for installation in your home.
To get started, give us a call or fill out our online contact form. One of our representatives will arrange your in-home appointment and cost estimate right away.
Subscribe to Direct Air Conditioning, Inc.'s Blog