The first two weeks of August are the hottest days of the year in South Florida. And while the temps will likely stick to the 90s, they’ll “feel like” the hundreds.
So if you plan on making the most of the season before the weather turns too cool for a night swim, you’re going to need the inside scoop on all the hottest events, coolest excursions, and spontaneous adventures that South Florida and the general road-trip area has to offer. To infinity and beyond!
Here are the top 50 fun activities you should do before the summer ends in South Florida.
50. Go water skiing on a zipline at the brand new watersports complex at Amelia Earhart Park in Hialeah.
49. Take a hike through the grand oaks and hammocks on a nature trail at Greynolds Park in North Miami Beach.
48. Visit Robert Is Here fruit stand in Homestead, FL and have a tropical fruit shake.
47. Go fishing off a bridge in Key Largo
45. Have a beer at Mac’s Club Deuce
44. Go to Shorty’s and have them make you a BBQ picnic basket then take it to your favorite park and enjoy delicious southern BBQ as good as it was in 1959
43. Go on a date night at Bird Bowl
42. Take a road trip to Marco Island, Sanibel Island, or Captiva Island off the southwest coast of Florida.
41. Visit Coral Castle and learn about how a five foot tall Lithuanian immigrant built a castle for the girl that broke his heart.
40. Swim in the world famous Coral Gables coral rock quarry freshwaters of Venetian Pool
39. Climb the lighthouse at Alligator Reef near Upper Matecumbe Key and Key Largo.
38. Take your dog to one of only three official dog beaches in Miami at Haulover Beach, Hobie Beach, or North Shore Open Space Park
37. Go spearfishing off of Dania Beach, one of the quietest and most picturesque stretches of shore in the tri-county area
36. Paddle or motor your way out to a boat party on Nixon Sandbar
35. Go fly a kite or let a kite fly you when you go kiteboarding at Crandon Park on Key Biscayne
34. Visit the Salvador Dalí Museum in St Petersburg
33. Go tubing on the Ichetucknee River at Ichetucknee Springs
32. Disney World!
31. Have a world famous Le Tub burger in one of South Florida’s most iconic outdoor eateries.
30. Hang 10 on your surf or body board at Cocoa Beach, home of Kelly Slater, one of the most famous surfers of all time.
29. Fire a fully automatic machine gun at a paper target at Lock and Load Miami
28. Go to a rock concert at the historic Respectable Street Cafe in West Palm Beach
27. Stroll with your sweetie along the great Hollywood Broadwalk or just chill on the beach and watch the sun set.
26. Take a date on a romantic excursion to Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens in Delray Beach.
25. Go canoeing in the Peace River in Arcadia, Florida.
24. Fly through the air at Flying Trapeze School in Miami’s Bayfront Park.
23. Check out the Miami Marlins for rock bottom prices on tickets for a home game.
22. Go snorkeling at John Pennekamp State Park, the first underwater national park in the United States
21. Walk around all day in the beautiful air conditioned expanses of the 3rd largest mall in America, the Aventura Mall.
20. Take a sea turtle hatchling tour along Broward or Palm Beach County shoreline.
19. Visit the Florida Keys Wild Bird Rehabilitation Center, a one of a kind zoo experience.
18. Take a River Walk bike tour through downtown Las Olas and enjoy all that Ft Lauderdale nightlife has to offer as you cruise the streets safely.
17. Take a tour of the amazing Dezer Collection at the Miami Auto Museum featuring all the cars you’ve ever dreamed of and more!
16. Go out for dinner, drinks, and dancing at YOLO, one of the hottest destinations in Ft Lauderdale
15. Go out for dinner, drinks, and salsa, merengue, and flamenco dancing in Little Havana for Viernes Culturales, one of the hottest monthly cultural events in all of Miami
13. Go to the Craft Beer Bash in West Palm Beach and enjoy over 120 craft brews on tap along with great food and music.
12. Pretend you’re driving through the African wilderness at Lion Country Safari in Palm Beach County for big cats and big fun.
11. Visit Rapids Water Park in Palm Beach County or Wet N Wild in Orlando (before it closes its doors for good in 2016).
10. Play 18 holes of Adventure Mini Golf in Lake Worth and see if you can get a hole-in-one!
9. Visit the world’s largest collection of art by Latin American masters, from Botero, to Lam, Bermudez, and Atchugarry, at the Gary Nader Art Centre in Wynwood.
8. Spend a day playing croquet at the largest croquet complex in the world at the National Croquet Center in West Palm Beach.
7. Rent a jet ski or waverunner on South Beach and enjoy the cool blue waters of paradise at 50 miles an hour.
6. Take an Alligator Tour with the Gator Boys at the world famous Everglades Holiday Park in Broward County.
5. Go to a drive-in movie on a Friday night at The Swap Shop, one of the top 3 tourist attractions in the state of Florida.
4. Check out a nationally touring band from any genre at Revolution Live in downtown Ft Lauderdale.
3. Take a Superfast Ferry to the Bahamas, and drink and gamble the whole way there!
2. Go swimming and wildlife watching at the underwater macro photographer’s paradise of Blue Heron Beach in Palm Beach County.
1. Call Direct AC immediately for our Air Conditioning Blowout Sale and learn about our ecological, money saving, healthful, and award winning sales, service, and installation for all of your home or office cooling needs.